Tuesday, October 11, 2011

To Do Lists


I am a list maker.  You can fit people into so many categories and List Makers vs Non is one of them.  I don't know very many people who write them like I do, and I wonder how they keep everything together.  Perhaps I love keeping lists because my memory isn't as good as it used to be. Or maybe I just have so many great ideas and plans and I don't want to chance forgetting them. (I think is has more to do with my failing memory).

I have used a series of mini notebooks for years now and just rotate them out as they get full. You could almost look at the old ones as a diary of sorts. Notes I made a year ago giving me a glimpse back into what was important to me at the time.

Top of my list right now is recipe testing and blogging.  Two things that could go hand in hand.  Ideally I would recipe test, take pictures along the way and then blog my creation.  Easy, right? The first part has been going GREAT.  Working on many recipes right now and enjoying lots of new foods.  The blogging part, not so much.  Still working on fitting writing into my schedule.

Some projects I have been working on lately include Sangria.....


Grilled cheese sandwiches with pears... this one is with brie...


And this one has bacon and white cheddar.  Still working on getting the best picture.


Food may dominate most of my life, but I also have a huge "to do" list for my upcoming wedding.  Good thing I actually like event planning, but still, this is overwhelming.  I recently made progress in the area of flowers. I spent time with a florist browsing through over 10 albums full of other weddings she has done. I think this bouquet is pretty fabulous.....


And we have our location, a peaceful garden tucked into a quiet neighborhood close by.  More on that another time.  Now back to getting things done, like making today's grocery list.

No comments: