Saturday, July 31, 2010

Finding the time

Hello my dear blogosphere. I have missed you.

I am sitting here at the computer right now thinking about all the things I need to do, but somehow cannot pull myself away from the computer. See, I just got home and have 5 bags of groceries sitting on the kitchen counter, but for some reason I walked over here to the desk, thinking I would just check email real quick, and suddenly I am at my blog page surfing other bloggers. Does this happen to anyone else?

I am reminded of how many interesting bloggers are out there but I haven't been making the time to follow them. They are like all the really interesting cookbooks I have sitting on the bookshelf waiting to be opened. I need to make the time....

Back to my own blog, I have a long list of recipes I have been working on that I have been meaning to post. So much has been happening this summer that I do not spend much time here at the computer. I have been managing the kitchen at a Summer Camp in the Santa Cruz Mountains all summer which takes up most of my time. It is truly a beautiful place to work and I am starting to feel the sadness come on whenever I think about how quickly it is coming to an end.

I haven't yet announced on the blog that I spent a year working in the kitchens on the Google Corporate Campus here in Mountain View. I really want to share some of my experiences with you.

And, I have a new client that I am assisting remotely with recipes that are gluten, dairy, egg, soy, peanut and cane sugar free. So anyone out there that shares these allergies, you are in luck. I will start posting the recipes I have created for her very soon.

For all of us that find ourselves deep in the art of "multi-tasking", how about we walk away for the computer for a few minutes, take a deep breath, and perhaps spend some time in the kitchen cooking something delicious and satisfying. Oh, and go put those groceries away.

No comments: