Sunday, February 15, 2009

Absence makes the blogger grow...


...spiritually and professionally, (not in size... I hope)

Poor, poor neglected blog. I have been so busy with other projects that I have not stopped by here in awhile and everything is all dusty. My absence here doesn't mean I have not been cooking, on the contrary. I have been cooking up a storm, or should I say baking. So I am back, have cleaned off the dust from the ol' blog, and am ready for some exciting typing adventures.

I have already posted two gluten free product reviews over the last two days. I know these are not meals I made from scratch, and I do prefer making things myself, but I also like to check what is out there in the marketplace for us non-wheat-eating-foodies.

The major project I have been working on is fulfilling special orders for my gluten and dairy free baked goods, specifically Zucchini Bread, Pumpkin Bread and Chocolate Cupcakes. Grapevine Natural Grocery, a health food store in Newtown, PA is helping to get these goodies to customers, and they are moving quickly. The breads come in two sizes, a small 3oz loaf perfect for a kid's lunch and an 8 or 10oz loaf. The chocolate cupcakes come in a 6-pack container, or a 12-pack mini-cupcake container. (The picture above is of the small pumpkin loaves still in the pan).

They are all made in small batches and from mostly organic ingredients. Ingredients for each of the loaves can be found here. If you live in the area, you can pick them up at Grapevine, or contact me for individual orders. This is a special passion of mine as I love to bake, and it is so fulfilling when I can help people enjoy baked goods again. Even those who do not have food allergies are ordering them, which is a great complement!

I also had the pleasure of working with Chef Joanne Weir again, this time at the annual fundraising event, Connoisseur's Dinner, benefiting Penn State's radio and tv station, WPSU. The event included a 5-course dinner featuring Joanne's recipes as well as a cooking demo earlier in the day. I will write more about this wonderful event soon.

So, thank you for joining me on my culinary journeys. I have a backlog of great recipies to share which I will be getting to soon. Many exciting food adventures are to come in 2009, including a road trip across the southern United States. What tasty bites can we find there?!


The Grapevine Natural Grocery is located at 5 N. State Street, Newtown, PA 18940 phone: 215-860-8878

No comments: