Wednesday, December 31, 2008

MyFoodMyHealth Website Launches!

Take control of your health now!

MyFoodMyHealth is an exciting new online tool to help you manage your health concerns through a powerful instrument..... FOOD. It offers information on how to feel better naturally and empowers you to get back in the kitchen and create delicious and healthy meals.

The philosophy behind
MyFoodMyHealth is "food plays a very important, life enhancing role in your health." The website is designed around the user picking a health condition they would like to improve and manage. They are then offered information about that condition, foods to avoid, good foods to eat and sample recipes that contains those beneficial foods.

There is a lot of information available on the site for free but the really cool stuff is available with a paid membership. With membership you gain access to hundreds of delicious recipes tailored to your health conditions. You can also add information about health concerns of your family members so that meal plans are customized for your household. MyFoodMyHealth also creates automated shopping lists, health and nutrition tips, and more.

Now here is where I come in.... along with many other talented chefs, I contributed recipes to MyFoodMyHealth. My recipes on the site are all good for those with Celiac and wheat-intollerance as well as vegetarian and dairy-free eaters. Some of my recipes include: "Asian Tempeh Kabobs", "Gluten Free Crabcakes", "Raw Ginger Carrot Soup" and my favorite Cream of Wheat replacement made with brown rice and millet.

Some of the other contributing chefs include Annemarie Colbin, founder of the Natural Gourmet Culinary Institute; Myra Kornfeld, popular Vegan cookbook author; Rebecca Katz, author of my favorite cookbook "One Bite at a Time". There is a video on the website of Rebecca making her powerful Magic Mineral Broth which I use as the base stock for all my soups and when cooking beans and grains. It is packed with nutrients and minerals as she designed it for those going through cancer treatments. Cancer patients frequently lose their appetite and need as much nutrition as possible. I like using the Magic Mineral Broth in my cooking because it adds so much flavor and nutrients to my dishes for my clients and my family.

I have spent some time navigating around MyFoodMyHealth and it is very easy to use. There are a lot of tasty sounding recipes on there with pictures and clear cooking instructions. The recipes are varied in style and flavor components so that you will not get tired of the same old foods. There is a lot of flexibility in the menu planning. The website creates a sample menu for you and then you can take out any recipes you may want to switch and replace with something else.

One last note, a message from the founder: "We look forward to helping you feel better and manage your health conditions through healthy eating."

Check it out here and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Meg Wolff said...

Hi Andrea,
Thanks for visiting my site. Yours looks wonderful!! I wish peruse it. Thanks.