Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Last Week's Menu of Gourmet Vegetarian Lunches

This is what I made for clients for lunches a couple weeks ago which includes a new yummy looking chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting.

For the chocolate cake, I am working from a recipe I found on Smitten Kitchen's blog but am converting to more natural ingredients. First, I am using organic spelt flour for the cake then substituting part of the sugar with Sucanat, and replacing the corn syrup with rice syrup. Cant wait to taste it when its done! The picture of this cake on her website looks incredibly delicious that I want to try it the way she made it as well. I made mine into small loaves so that they are better suited for individual portions.

Here is what we had that week:


Monday: Quinoa Vegetable Paella

Tuesday Wild Rice with Braised Tempeh and Garlicky Greens

Wednesday: Lentil Soup with Fresh Baked Honey Oat Bread


Thursday: Wheatberry Salad with Peas, Sundried Tomatoes and Goat Cheese


Friday: Hearty Three Bean Chili

Dessert:
Intense Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting and Chocolate Ganache








No comments: