Sunday, April 6, 2008

2008 DC Gluten Free Cooking Spree

Imagine my delight when I found this event online after planning a trip to DC. I am going down to Washington DC to see the cherry blossoms in bloom and visit a friend and this Cooking Spree just happens to be while I am going to be there.

"The Gluten-Free Cooking Spree is an event that joins together the medical and lifestyle aspects of celiac disease to educate both doctors and chefs about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet." Each team will be made up of a chef, a doctor and a reporter all working together to make gluten free meals. The dishes will be judged by a panel as well as tasted by those in the audience.

The event in DC is on Friday, April 11th, at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda at 7400 Wisconsin Avenue. Price of admission is $50. I will be attending along with my non-gluten-sensitive boyfriend. He is used to trying GF foods and I love getting his feedback as to how different foods compare to those that contain wheat.

For more information:
http://www.celiaccentral.org/Events/Gluten_Free_Cooking_Sprees/331/

No comments: