Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Evening Veggie Cocktail


This evening's refreshment is made of 1 Cucumber, 2 Carrots and 2 Apples. It is light and refreshing on this surprisingly warm day. I have had trouble digesting raw carrots in the past so I am trying to slowly reintroduce them into these juices and see how I feel. I would have added some greens too but I didnt have any at home.

Salute!

Health Benefits:
Carrots contain a high amount of carotene which is converted by the body into Vitamin A. Also referred to as Beta-Carotene. Beta-carotene helps to protect vision, especially night vision. After beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A in the liver, it travels to the retina where it is transformed into rhodopsin, a purple pigment that is necessary for night-vision. The carotenoids in carrots have also been shown to be beneficial to blood sugar regulation. Carrots are also high in Vitamin K, C and Potassium all in about the same amounts.

No comments: